Skip to main content

Singapura, The Lion City: A Day with Merlion



Hello, glad to see you again! So, you would like to know our escapade on the third day eh? Well, Day 3 had two more places to offer--- the Merlion Park and the Suntec City, as we had to leave for home then.

Our day started with an early morning visit to the Merlion Parklocated near Marina Bay. See this--- a mix of fish and lion perching on a wave, that's Merlion, the national symbol of Singapore.


Here's another view of Merlion from the other side


In this park stands the two famous Merlions: the mother Merlion and her cub. The mother Merlion is 8.6 meters tall (28 feet). 

Not very far from the Mother Merlion is the cub.
The Merlion cub stands 2 meters high. 


While waiting for our turn to pose with the Merlion statue at the background, I saw photo ops of tourists creating scenes like drinking water from Merlion using their mouth.  Well, well, well, another idea came brewing in my mind. I borrowed Ayana's umbrella to create this camera trick. What do you think? My daughters followed suit. Sad to say, they couldn't take a clear pose of me without photo bombers at the background. #umbrellasAtMerlion 


"Hello there! Aren't you finished yet? Can I have my turn now? Please..."
Waaaahhhh, to no avail. 😢😭
Oh, how I envy their photos! 

#umbrellasAtMerlion

Hmmm.... how about doing some magic? I'm not good at photoshop editing. But I couldn't take it sitting down. Now see the photo below. A little more enhancement and I could perfect it... someday. Wishful thinking. It was my idea afterall! 

"Careful not to get wet!"

#umbrellasAtMerlion 
Oh, here's another antic of mine with gushing water from Merlion. I won't be surprised if this becomes a trend from now on! 
"I just wanna bring some water home!"
#umbrellasAtMerlion 
Look, hubby also took an attempt to catch some water spewed by Merlion. 
The sun was starting to shed more of its rays. We had to hurry as it was getting difficult to get a good angle with more and more people blocking the background. But wait, can somebody please take a photo of me first?  
Thanks for this shot!
I was able to get this angle of Merlion overlooking Marina Bay. 
With Marina Bay Sands at the background
I love this view of Marina Bay Sands from the Merlion Park.

Thanks again for this... 

And this... 



The Merlion has been relocated from its original position to where it stands today. 
That's in front of the One Fullerton Hotel. Can you see me?


The last place we visited was the Suntec City, a shopping mall located at Temasek Boulevard. It was all window shopping for us though.






The Fountain of Wealth



On our way out of the mall, these wooden carvings on display caught my attention.
 From the Suntec City, we went back to Perak Hotel to pack our things and have lunch at Shahi Kitchen along Perak Road. Had a taste of what seems to be Indian food.





Sorry, I couldn't recall the names of these dishes we ordered.

This one tastes good!


After lunch, we made ourselves ready for Changi Airport, the world's best airport from 2013 to 2021 and one of the busiest international airports, too. 


We lingered at the Social Tree while waiting for our flight. 

All we had to do was go to a kiosk to have our family photo taken...

... and uploaded to the Social Tree. See photo below. 
Here let me enlarge it so you can see the 4 Sisons right there at the center! 😀😃😄


I spent a longer time viewing our photo displayed at the Social Tree. 
I was so amazed again that I even took a video of it as balloons carried it up, up and away.

 After playing around the Social Tree, hubby and I posed at the Changi Airport
 photo booth just for laughs. 
😁😁😁


Well, that concludes our adventure. Now the wait is over. Back home we fly. 
Goodbye Lion City!
Oh, there you are still. Thank you for traveling with us.
 If you missed our adventures at Sentosa on Day 2, click HERE.
 'Til our next trip, hopefully soon!

Comments

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Singapore!

    The fountain of wealth is truly amazing

    I have also featured it in a short write-up on my blog
    5 Hidden gems in Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.